Thursday, May 22, 2008

So it begins.......the "birth" of J-1006

......there i was, talking to my sisters and my wife, when an Operator of Kelley Technologies came up to me and cuffed me before i knew what was happening.... Operator Sabra informed me that my time to be processed had come, and gave me a few minutes to say my good byes...

i reluctantly said goodbye, for now, to my wife.....kissing her, hoping to convey my sorrow at having comitted a crime that resulted in this path for me....i said good bye to Shi and Pet (i'm sorry for how this hurts you Pet.... i really am) and was led into the facility by Operator Sabra...

********************************

stepping out of the elevator, i was confronted by what seemed an everyday office......little did i know what lay in store for me once i was inside.......Operator Sabra led me inside, checked over my court papers.....and then le......

********************************

....i rouse from sleep, feeling very naked, with a strange feeling at the back of my skull, something stuck to my scalp, which i realise is bare, i am completley bald...NOOOOoooooooo.....i silently scream....what have the done to me.....

********************************

Operator Sabra, now with a vox attached talks to me, informs me of the basic rules of banishment...i listen intently, commiting them to memory, hoping that i do not forget them......WHAT???.......time can and most likely will be added to my sentence, no, no..that can't be......i sob inside the helmet that is covering my head, just another faceless, non-descript bane to the rest of the world.....

********************************

Operator Sabra takes me back down the the release area.....i hear her say something...."Custodian J-1006, initiate full protocols" and everything changes.......just like that, jesse Folland no longer exists......this bane is now known as J-1006 and only that untill such time as it's sentence of banishment is complete...

********************************

i turn around, trying to talk to Operator Sabra......nothing......no sign that i even am breathing apart from the rise and fall of my chest.......oh my god.......it's real.......nooooooo.......but wait.......through my tears......i see a sign......a person...standing off in the distance........i move closer, now able to read the sign...."I Love You J-1006"......i do my best to hold back a few tears, my wife, standing there in the maid uniform i locked her into many days before, now hoping she finds a way out of it....i'm sorry my Love, please forgive me......i try to say.....but to the outside world.....i may as well have been a moving black obsidian statue.....this helmet hides all......



we stand there, looking at each other, i nod to her, blow her some kisses from my blank, faceless bane helmet....hoping that she knows i will always be there with her.....then, i leave......not wanting to hurt her anymore......i find a place very special to me......to us......and stay there, contemplating what it is i let myself in for when choosing banishment over a regular jail cell......well......i have a fair while to think about it...............


1 comment:

Sharie said...

I watched, sobbing, as my love was taken away in chains... Knowing that there was no longer anything I could do, I set about creating a sign to let my love know that even as a Bane, I loved her.

I set the sign near the dispersion point, facing her, hoping she takes notice...

At last - the door opens, and the black faceless Bane, J-1006, emerges - I know it is my love, I would know her shape anywhere. J-1006 walks up to the sign, sees me in the distance, and blows me a kiss. The tears do not stop, as we stare at each other knowing that we can not touch each other, or talk, or anything more until her sentence is complete...